- Lathe Trainee with positive, can do attitude. Punctual, dependable, and productive. Reports to Production Manager.
- Learn and apply L. H. Thomson Co. “Lathe Skills List” and standards.
- Learn to read prints.
- Learn to do a “Safety Start Up.”
- Learn to set-up and run CNC Lathe per Job Book with minimal assistance.
- Learn to Check parts 100% to print
- Check fluids on the machine and fill as needed.
- Keep personal and shared areas clean and organized.
- Assist in keeping tool cabinet organized.
- Able to bend, stoop, twist, reach, lift 40 pounds and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
- Pack up job to move on to next operation.
- Assist others as needed with physical tasks
- Problem solving skills
- Results Driven
- Attention to detail
- Organization Skills
- General Math Skills
- PC Proficiency
This job operates in a professional shop environment. This role routinely uses standard shop equipment and requires care and precision while on the shop floor. Must be able to bend, stoop, twist, reach, lift 40 pounds and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
- Must be 18 years old.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must be able to do basic math, read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor and coworkers.
- Must work toward competent job completion, meeting production standards with minimal supervision.
- Must possess organizational ability in order to set priorities, organize workload, meet or exceed deadlines and production requirements.
- Must provide personal hand tools and toolbox.
- Due to production requirements night shift and/or overtime and holiday hours may be required.
- Must be able to obtain an inspection stamp.
The above descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Also, this document describes the current position. It is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
The L.H. Thomson Company is a privately held manufacturing company with 80 employees, centrally located in Macon, Georgia. Thomson is located 90 miles south of Atlanta and is a short commute to Warner Robins, recognized as one of “The Best Places to Raise Kids” in Business Week.
Thomson offers an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Come make a difference at Thomson.
L.H. Thomson Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with all applicable employment laws and is a Drug Free Work Place.