Join the team at L.H. Thomson Company, Inc. as a Aerospace Assembler. Become part of our team of hard working professionals who are dedicated to keeping our company strategically strong and growing.
This hands-on position requires skills and experience working with high precision machined parts and assemblies. Our focus is the aerospace and industrial sectors as well as the Thomson line of high-end patented bicycle components. Thomson is well established and has many growth opportunities.
If you would like to contribute to and support our growth efforts, then Thomson is the place for you.
- Assemble and inspect aerospace components to facilitate shipping product of the highest standard to customers accurately and on time.
- Know L.H. Thomson rules and standards
- Verify correct parts are used in properly identified assembly per Job Book
- Assemble parts accurately and to the highest standards per Job Book
- Rivet and drill parts per Job Book
- Inspect appearance of assembled parts.
- Part mark and date mark assembled part per Job Book
- Pack and mark container for easy identification/transfer to next operation
- Completed orders ready to ship to customer
- Completed assemblies to store in inventory
- Keep area clean and organized
- Requisition tools and supplies as needed
- Must be able to bend, stoop, twist, reach, lift 40 pounds and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
- Turn in paper work daily.
- Sign off on documentation.
- Problem solving skills
- Customer/Client focus
- Results Driven
- Attention to detail
- General Math Skills
- Data Entry
- PC Proficiency
This job operates in a professional shop environment. This role routinely uses standard shop equipment and requires care and precision while on the shop floor. Must be able to bend, stoop, twist, reach, lift 40 pounds and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
- Must be 18 years old with high school diploma or GED.
- Vocational training and previous work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work well with supervisor and coworkers
- Must possess organizational ability, in order to set priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work competently under minimal supervision
The L.H. Thomson Company is a privately held manufacturing company with 80 employees, centrally located in Macon, Georgia. Thomson is located 90 miles south of Atlanta and is a short commute to Warner Robins.
Thomson offers an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Come make a difference at Thomson. See our website at www.lhthomson.com.
L.H. Thomson Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with all applicable employment laws and is a Drug Free Work Place.