Do you have a personal drive for excellence, learning, and teamwork? Then the L.H. Thomson Company just might be the place for you!
We believe that the culture you work in is equally as important as the work that you do. We cultivate an environment where opportunities for learning and advancement are commensurate with your consistent effort.
If want the opportunity to build a lifelong career, then this family owned, rapidly growing, diverse company, is the place for you! For more information about the above jobs and other employment opportunities, please visit our website at the link below.
- Charge expenses to accounts and jobs by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Posts payments from credit cards, ACH, PayPal, and checks to Accounts Recievable.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains filing of documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Problem solving skills
- Excel Proficiency
- Customer/Client focus
- Results Driven
- Attention to detail
- Organization Skills
- General Math Skills
- Data Entry
- PC Proficiency
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, and fax machines. Reports to the Controller.
Must be 18 years old
High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree or equivalent preferred
Two (2) years accounting experience required; Five (5) years experience preferred
L.H. Thomson Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with all applicable employment laws and is a Drug Free Work Place.