Works closely with Production Control Supervisor and Shop Supervisor to schedule and track production on the floor to facilitate delivery to customers.
- Track cost of jobs through continuous review of labor, machine time, purchased items and finishing.
- For all assigned customers:
- Prepares the daily shipping list and paperwork.
- Enters all Purchase Orders into Global Shop.
- Answers all emails or calls regarding availability of parts and changes in delivery
- Calculates “need by” date for each completed job going to finishers.
- Calculates DOD dates for all open jobs for Load Schedule.
- Checks material and component availability weekly for all assigned part numbers.
- Checks status of jobs on machines and in assembly weekly for completion timeliness.
- Opens new jobs as needed in Global Shop; prints plans and completes as required.
- Closes all completed jobs, prints reports and gets approved.
- Able to bend, stoop, twist, reach and move boxes not weighing more than 40 pounds to facilitate shipping of product when needed.
- Backs up others in Production Control when they are out.
- Must sign Confidentiality Agreement.
- Problem solving skills
- Customer/Client focus
- Results Driven
- Attention to detail
- Organization Skills
- General Math Skills
- Data Entry
- PC Proficiency
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
- College degree or 5 years of responsible work experience in various facets of private small business or a manufacturing environment required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers.
- Must possess excellent organizational ability, in order to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must conduct one’s self in a professional manner, maintain confidentiality and work competently under minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and able to learn and incorporate skills relative to company software, office equipment and position.
- Perform basic mathematical computations with a high degree of accuracy.
The above descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Also, this document describes the current position. It is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
The L.H. Thomson Company is a privately held manufacturing company with 80 employees, centrally located in Macon, Georgia. Thomson is located 90 miles south of Atlanta and is a short commute to Warner Robins. Thomson offers an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Come make a difference at Thomson.
L.H. Thomson Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with all applicable employment laws and is a Drug Free Work Place.