Leads the department to keep the shop and other areas in tip-top shape. Assists with Company events and other facilities related projects.
- Maintain cleanliness standards and upkeep for L.H. Thomson
- Order all janitorial supplies.
- Sweep shop floor daily and clean with Tennant machine weekly
- Sweep loading dock and around dumpster area as needed
- Shop-grinding room 1
- Tennant Floor Care Machine and Toyota Forklift.
- Grinding Room 1 and 2 air filters.
- Dump all cigarette butt cans
- Dump aluminum recyclable chips in 48’ trailer outside
- Replace fluorescent bulbs in front office, upstairs, bathroom, stairwells, and break room.
- Pressure washes outside parking area, walkways, curbing, and patio area annually.
- Must be certified by Thomson to drive forklift.
- Weigh and store recyclable material (solid scrap, titanium chips, and nickel bronze chips).
- Assist with the storage and disposal of business files and other heavy lifting.
- Dump hoppers and trash containers daily.
- Clean Beckart pit area as needed
- Clean shop basins, drinking fountains and vacuum shop rugs daily
- Clean break room floor with tenant machine weekly.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, twist, stoop, reach, push vacuum, push Tennant Floor Cleaners, use industrial broom, use industrial mop, pick up 50 pounds, and climb ladder.
This job operates in a professional shop environment. This role routinely uses standard shop equipment and requires care and precision while on the shop floor.
High School Diploma/GED
Previous janitorial experience preferred
The above descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Also, this document describes the current position. It is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
The L.H. Thomson Company is a privately held manufacturing company with 80 employees, centrally located in Macon, Georgia. Thomson is located 90 miles south of Atlanta and is a short commute to Warner Robins. Thomson offers an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Come make a difference at Thomson.
You may apply online below or on Indeed, or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
L.H. Thomson Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with all applicable employment laws and is a Drug Free Work Place.