Oversees the assembly of bicycle components and coordinates Sales Orders to facilitate shipping products of the highest standard to bicycle customers accurately and on time.
- Know L. H. Thomson Co. rules and standards.
- Assembles, cleans, and ships bike parts accurately and to the highest standards on time.
- Inspects appearance of assembled parts and inspects Sales Orders to verify they are being shipped with 100% accuracy.
- Notifies Production Manager of any personnel issues.
- Maintains inventory and cleanliness of Bike Department.
- Requisitions and maintains shop supplies needed for Bike Assembly Area.
- Assigns jobs to those in Bike Department and assists with problems.
- Assists marketing as needed.
- Works with other departments to ensure customers receive complete orders on time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, twist, reach, lift 40 pounds and stand on feet for an extended period of time to facilitate machine operation, inspection and assembly.
- CNC Mill Operator – Class B – Trained (separate job description) as needed.
- Testing Technician – Bicycle Area (separate job description) as needed.
- Keep assembly area and shared areas clean and organized.
- Able to work with others with little supervision.
- Turns in paperwork daily.
- Signs off on documentation.
- Problem solving skills
- Customer/Client focus
- Results Driven
- Attention to detail
- Organization Skills
- General Math Skills
- PC Proficiency
This job operates in a professional shop environment. This role routinely uses standard shop equipment and requires care and precision while on the shop floor.
- Must be 18 years old with High School diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor and coworkers.
- Must possess organizational ability, in order to set priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to do basic math, read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to work competently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to take leadership role while coordinating the assembly area.
The above descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Also, this document describes the current position. It is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
The L.H. Thomson Company is a privately held manufacturing company with 80 employees, centrally located in Macon, Georgia. Thomson is located 90 miles south of Atlanta and is a short commute to Warner Robins. Thomson offers an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Come make a difference at Thomson.
L.H. Thomson Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with all applicable employment laws and is a Drug Free Work Place.