Become a part of our team at the L.H. Thomson Company, Inc. as our Manufacturing Engineer. Our team of hard working professionals is dedicated to keeping our company strategically strong and growing.
This position requires the technical skills necessary to develop and implement robust manufacturing processes for precision CNC machined parts and assemblies.
The L.H. Thomson Company focuses on the machining of aluminum, titanium, stainless steel, aluminum nickel bronze, and occasionally carbon fiber. We now machine parts up to 4 axis milling and 4 axis turning, and we are in the process of adding 5 axis milling and mill turn capability. Thomson excels at manufacturing precision-machined parts and assemblies for Aerospace and Industrial customers. Also, the Thomson line of high-end patented bicycle components is well respected in the bicycle industry. Our expertise in these areas provides us with many growth opportunities.
If you would like to contribute to and support our growth efforts, then Thomson is the place for you.
The Manufacturing Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager. Primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Takes complex precision CNC machined parts from start to finish in the manufacturing process
- Establishes manufacturing processes for parts
- Designs and produces drawings for fixtures, gages, and special tools
- Completes and modifies Job Books
- Creates, verifies, and optimizes CNC programs
- Creates documentation to allow machine operators to set up and maintain production of high quality parts
- Proves out programs and obtains FAI (First Article Inspection)
- Creates detailed part drawings
- Analyzes manufacturing methods for cost effectiveness
- Integrates work with Production, Quality, Purchasing, and Scheduling departments to ensure a smooth flow of quality products through the factory
- Completes projects by the required deadline, at reasonable cost, and with a robust process
- Quotes new work
- Establishes first cycle time
- Instructs and trains operators in machining operations and methods
- Keeps up to date on latest machining techniques to continually optimize and drive cost out of our products
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial or similar engineering field with (5) five years of Manufacturing Engineering experience in a CNC machining environment or (10) ten years of Manufacturing Engineering experience in a CNC machining environment (without a degree) is required
- Demonstrates proficiency with CAD (solid modeling) and CAM software
- Previous experience with SolidWorks, CATIA, Mastercam and/or Vericut
- Proficient with GD&T
- Demonstrates a professional and positive attitude as well as a passion for continual improvement
- Demonstrates strong time management skills with the ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects
- Aerospace experience a plus
- CMM experience a plus
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, management, and co-workers
The L.H. Thomson Company, located in Macon, Georgia is a privately held manufacturing company with 90 employees. Thomson is located 90 miles south of Atlanta and is a short commute to Warner Robins, Georgia, recognized as one of “The Best Places to Raise Kids” in Business Week.
Thomson offers an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Come make a difference at Thomson. Check out our facility at www.lhthomson.com. You can choose one of the following options to submit your resume for consideration: Submit cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com, reply to our ad on www.monster.com, or mail to: L.H. Thomson Company, Inc., 7800 NE Industrial Boulevard, Macon, Georgia 31216-7748.