Has completed training as a CNC Mill Operator and is able to work independently. Reports to Production Manager.
- Use computer to upload and download programs from the server to the mill and from the mill to the server. Also, keep current programs on file at the mill.
- Set up and run CNC Mill per Job Book with no assistance.
- Notify supervisor if any discrepancies are found in the Job Book.
- Know how to correctly stone surfaces as needed.
- Blend and deburr parts to print.
- Check aims to be sure part is being cut properly to the program specifications.
- Calibrate and check micrometers and calipers throughout the day.
- Notify Maintenance of any machine malfunctions.
- Train other employees on your machine and requisition tools as needed.
- Able to bend, stoop, twist, reach, lift 40 pounds and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use comparator.
- Know tool types and wear.
- Know how to set tools.
- Know how to sweep a hole.
- Keep shared areas clean.
- Pack up job to move on to the next operation.
- Sweep and mop floor around machine daily.
- Wipe down machine daily.
- Assist others as needed with physical tasks.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be 18 years old.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Must have at least one year of previous CNC Machining experience.
- Must be able to do basic math, read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor and coworkers.
- Must be able to work competently with minimal supervision.
- Must possess organizational ability in order to set priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
- Must provide personal hand tools and toolbox.
- Must sign Confidentiality Agreement.
- Due to production requirements night shift and/or overtime and holiday hours may be required.
- Must be able to obtain an inspection stamp.
The above descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Also, this document describes the current position. It is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.