CNC Lathe Operator Class A – Experienced
- Meets all requirements of a CNC Lathe Operator Class B – Trained. Reports to Production Manager.
- Use computer to upload and download programs from the server to the lathe and from the lathe to the server. Keep current programs on file at the lathe.
- Make sure job book is kept in order and work with engineers to ensure any changes or revisions are documented.
- Know how to work the schedule to get the most parts done with minimum down time on machine and instruct other Lathe Operators in doing the same.
- Check aims to be sure part is being cut properly to the program specifications.
- Calibrate and check micrometers and calipers throughout the day.
- Train other employees on CNC Lathe and instruct in optimizing operations.
- Proofread programs for new parts, modifying and optimizing program as needed and warranted.
- Able to bend, stoop, twist, reach, lift 40 pounds and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
- Ability to read blueprints and use comparator.
- Know tool types and wear, how to set tools and how to sweep a hole.
- Know feeds and speeds and how to read codes.
- Keep shared areas clean.
- Pack up job to move on to the next operation.
- Sweep and mop floor around machine and wipe down machine daily
- Assist others as need with physical tasks
- Problem solving skills
- Results Driven
- Attention to detail
- Organization Skills
- General Math Skills
- PC Proficiency
This job operates in a professional shop environment. This role routinely uses standard shop equipment and requires care and precision while on the shop floor.
- Must be 18 years old with High School diploma or GED
- Must have at least five years of CNC Machining experience or three years L. H. Thomson Co. CNC experience.
- Must be able to do basic math, read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor and coworkers.
- Must be able to work competently with minimal supervision.
- Must possess organizational ability in order to set priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
The L.H. Thomson Company is a privately held manufacturing company with 80 employees, centrally located in Macon, Georgia. Thomson is located 90 miles south of Atlanta and is a short commute to Warner Robins, recognized as one of “The Best Places to Raise Kids” in Business Week.
Thomson offers an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Come make a difference at Thomson. See our website at www.lhthomson.com.
Please select one of the following options to submit your resume for consideration: Email your cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org, reply to our ad at www.monster.com, or mail to L.H. Thomson Company, Inc., ATTN: Human Resources. Or use the online form below.
L.H. Thomson Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with all applicable employment laws and is a Drug Free Work Place.